31st Annual Catonsville Arts and Crafts Festival
Presented by the Greater Catonsville Chamber of Commerce
Sunday, September 12, 2004
10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
In the Village of Catonsville between Bloomsbury & Melvin Aves.
200+ Artists and Crafters
Great Variety of Food
For more information, call the Chamber at 410-719-9609.
Vendor Application (PDF)
The Festival will be held from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Frederick Road, between Bloomsbury Avenue and Melvin Avenue, in the heart of Catonsville (Exit #13, mile west of the I-695 Beltway)
Rules and Regulations
1. A complete registration form and a self-addressed stamped envelope must accompany the payment. NOTE: Failure to include a self-addressed stamped envelope WILL delay the processing of your registration. When mailing photos, extra postage may be necessary.
2. Payment must be made in the form of a check or money order. Please make checks or money orders payable to GCCC. All payments must be made according to the schedule listed below.
3. Spaces will be filled on a first come, first serve basis. Get your registration in early.
4. The deadline for inclusion in the Festival Program Book is July 31, 2004.
5. NO REFUNDS unless the Festival is 100% sold out.
Assignment of Exhibit Space:
Space will be assigned with due consideration to an Exhibitors preference based upon date of receipt of registration along with payment required. If a specific space is requested, every effort will be made to accommodate the Exhibitors request. If for any reason the space plan must be changed, the Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to relocate Exhibitors affected by these changes. Exhibitors will be informed if such change is absolutely necessary and every effort will be made to make an equitable change based on the receipt of registration for said Exhibitor.
Reassignment of Exhibit Space:
Exhibitors may not permit other exhibitors to use their space, or any part thereof, without express written permission of the Greater Catonsville Chamber of Commerce.
Exhibitor Space Dimensions and Fee Schedule:
1. Single space size is 12 wide x 10 deep.
2. Tents/canopies must back up to the curb and protrude into the street no deeper than 10.
3. You must remain within the confines of your space. No soliciting is allowed outside of your designated space.
4. The fee schedule is as follows:
$70.00 if postmarked by March 31, 2004
$80.00 if postmarked by June 30, 2004
$100.00 if postmarked after August 30, 2004
Setup and Removal of Exhibit:
1. Frederick Road will be closed to the public beginning at 6:00 a.m. on the day of the festival, at which time exhibitors may begin to set up their exhibits. All exhibitors MUST remove their vehicles from the street by 9:00 a.m.
2. All exhibitors must clear their exhibits from Frederick Road by 6:15 p.m. Exhibitors must clean up their spaces at the end of the day.
3. Frederick Road will reopen to the public at 8:00 p.m.
Traffic and Parking:
Area maps will be sent with the final space assignment mailing in August. Only vehicles with vendor parking passes will be permitted to park on the lot. Vehicles without parking passes, even if accompanying vendors, must park on the side streets.
- The Festival will be open from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 12, 2004.
- Please have your confirmation letter with you the day of the Festival and display your vendor parking pass on your vehicle dashboard for entrance to the grounds and parking lot.
- The Exhibitor absolves the Greater Catonsville Chamber of Commerce, their officers, directors, employees, and agents of all responsibility for the protection of exhibitor spaces and contents, and vehicles.
- ALL ITEMS MUST BE HANDCRAFTED. No flea market or commercial/retail items allowed. This rule shall be strictly enforced. If a member of the Chamber of Commerce finds that your exhibit contains items mentioned in this rule, you will be asked to remove those items from your exhibit. If your exhibit contains only flea market/commercial/retail items, you will be asked to leave the Festival. NO EXCEPTIONS and NO REFUNDS.
- Exhibitors may begin selling their items at 10:00 a.m. and MUST stop sales at 5:00 p.m.
- Exhibitors must provide their own method of display, including table(s). Spaces are large enough for a standard tent or canopy.
- The Festival shall proceed rain or shine. The Chamber of Commerce assumes no responsibility for exhibits.
- There can be no product changes or product line additions after an application is filed without the written consent of the Chamber of Commerce.
- No political exhibits or vendors will be permitted.
- No pets, roller blades, scooters, skateboards, or bicycles please.
The Catonsville Arts and Crafts Festival arranges with local clubs and organizations to provide food for the festival. No outside food vendors are permitted. NO EXCEPTIONS.
If an Exhibitor fails to occupy the space contracted for by the end of the scheduled set-up, or fails to comply in any other respect with the terms of this agreement, the Chamber of Commerce shall have the right to use such space in any other manner without releasing the Exhibitor from paying the registration fee based on the date of postmark.
Sales and Use Tax Regulations:
All exhibitors required to collect Maryland State Sales Tax must take care of their obligations. For specific information, please contact:
Maryland Sales & Use Tax Division
Special Events Sections- Room 201
301 West Preston Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Portable handicap accessible restrooms will be located next to the Catonsville Fire House, at the intersection of Frederick Road and Egges Lane. Additional restrooms will be available at the Childrens Corner.
Free copies of the Festival Program are available at the Information Center.
Vendor Application (PDF)